Located at 175 East Broadway, at Main, in Vancouver, B.C. is the 7-storey Lee Building built by merchant Herbert Lee in 1911/12 on the site of his grocery store. This prominent landmark was the first tall building on the south shore of False Creek and for many years was known for the Pontiac sign on the roof.
Herbert and Beatrice Lee, their son and later on, other family members, lived on the top floor of the building for many years. Unfortunately, during the Great Depression of 1929 the family lost ownership of the building but were able to remain living there until the 1940s.