Henry Mole, known for his forthright nature, homesteaded on land where the Point Grey Golf Club now is located.
Point Grey Golf & Country Club was built on the Mole Property. Mr. Henry Mole came out from England in 1862, and upon arrival in B.C. joined the Cariboo Gold Rush, but returned to the coast in 1863 where he settled on the land which is the present site of the Point Grey Golf & Country Club. The old Water Wheel incorporated in the Club crest, until the late 1940’s, stood about a hundred yards from the clubhouse by Blenheim Street and was actually used by Henry Mole for power to run the threshing machine.